Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Avensis 99 Window Buttons

Options
  • 21-07-2022 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

The central locking on my 99 Avensis is not functioning correctly. It keeps locking and unlocking. I think it may be the button on the door on the inside. Dust maybe. I have it removed from the door and have dismantled it as much as I can. I am stuck with not being able to open the control box as the buttons are not coming off the unit so as to allow me to remove the cover. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does the passenger door have a lock button for the entire car on it too? Could be worth looking at that also. Have you looked at the wiring looms around the door hinges to see if there's any damage to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mach Two

I checked the wires on the door hinge. No visible damage. The passenger side has no central locking on it.

Has anyone any more information on this. Still unlocking the door

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭beeker1

Try " blasting" the housing with WD40 , its water based so will evaporate and not leave a film on the contacts , or get a box from from a breakers , I'd say you'd pick one up easily enough ! From what I remember having to replace a window regulator that box had a single plug in connector !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I have a 99 avensis, only think I can think of is the button to lock all the doors on the drivers side is sticking or faulty, try wd40

• Advertisement

Thanks for the information. I will try what ye have suggested

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Switch sounds faulty.

Advertisement