Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with confirmation email trying to change email address

Options
  • 21-07-2022 8:29am

After requesting an email address change I seem to no longer have access to the email address used to sign up - I've lost/forgot the password to that account and Microsoft has me going around in circles trying to change that.

Is it possible to cancel the password change request? I get a 'Permission denied' page when I try to edit my profile and am assuming that is because of the pending email address change.

The reason I want to edit my profile is that it seems there's a 'Close account' option somewhere on it - that is really what I'm trying to get to. I've lost patience with Boards. Part of that is the 'upgrade' to Vanilla but the main reason is it's not fun any more - opinions are too polarised and there's no middle ground.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

To get the email changed, you need to email hello@boards.ie and the office will update it.

But there's no close account button, you need to email datarequests@boards.ie and they'll close any account.

TY

Advertisement