Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasmania

Options
  • 20-07-2022 11:21pm

I need some advice on moving to Tasmania. I would like to live there but I'm not sure what it's like!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Moving there from Ireland or the mainland? You can expect a slower pace of life as well as fewer employment opportunities. Nice scenery and a cooler climate though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Irish_Aus

I lived in Launceston for just under 18 months. It's a very clicky place and is about 15 years behind the mainland. There's a divide between Launceston & Hobart and Burnie is the unloved ginger child. It is a beautiful place and does have an amazing wine & food scene. Accommodation is scarce and property prices have shot up over the past 2 years. As the above poster said, jobs are scarce, and there pay is a lot less than on the mainland.

Advertisement