Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

viessmann 30kw System boiler not heating water

Options
  • 20-07-2022 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

we have a viessmann 30kw condensing gas boiler that's installed about 10 years.

The upstairs and downstairs heating are on separate circuits and work fine.

Recently the water seems to be sometimes heating up and sometimes not- we have it on a timer to come on at 6am for 30 mins and 4pm for 30 mins every day.

We havent messed with the timer.

The boiler is serviced every year.

Today the water was cold again at 5pm so i went out to look at the boiler with the system demanding hot water (i set it manually).

The boiler unit itself (in the garage) was not showing any activity even though the control panel in the kitchen was looking for the water to be heated.

I fiddled with the control panel box on the boiler itself and the boiler fired up into life and started heating the water.

Am i looking at a lose connection or something? seems strange for this only to develop now after 10years and no one has been near it only the gas technician who services it every year?

Comments

Advertisement