Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such a thing as "little woman syndrome"?

Options
  • 20-07-2022 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

As in, we all know "little man syndrome".

That's what it is.

But can the same apply to women?

I assume little man syndrome is born out of a sense of inferiority, inferiority complex and associated frustration?

In men I get that of course as male culture is so much about the idea of "dominance" which often involves physical imposition.

Naturally a little (no pun) frustration could come about when there's a predisposed disadvantage as such.

But in women, is there something analogous?

I think there is.

Despite female culture apparently not being about physical imposition and ideas of dominance, I have to say in women of lesser stature, attitude wise it's not terribly uncommon to have that overarching impetus to rather emphatically assert oneself, make ones presence felt in an "overcompensation" kind of way?

Kind of bizarre considering again feminine culture seems to largely prioritize conventional female characteristics, so that kind of "little Hitler" thing does catch me by surprise from time to time;

That resolute conviction toward authoritarianism, when it's coming from a woman whose head is at about the correct height for me to rest my pint glass on, I can't think of the ideal definition for it just now but....... what I'm saying is it's just not what one would expect, at least I wouldn't.

Is it just me?

In physics we trust....

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement