Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot get distributor, other option to explore

Options
  • 20-07-2022 7:36pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

My market is hobbies and collectables, trading cards in particular. I'm looking to stock sealed packs of cards (Match Attax etc) online but getting a distributor is drawing blanks. EU distributors have a 12-month backlog and UK distributors require me to stock lots of stuff I don't need.

I have a solution - buy from a registered business for a good bulk price from Northern Ireland and then resell that at a higher cost. I can still match Irish stores but my margin would be smaller. I obviously want to do this the right way. So if I do this, what checks do I need to perform. Correct me if I am wrong but there is no Import duty shipping from NI to ROI providing they have paid any import duties already during their procurement and shipping process?

Anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Many companies have in their terms and conditions that you cannot resell to other retailers.

If you are not registered for vat, you will pay UK vat.

If you do not already have a website / customers, it is notoriously difficult to start from scratch - and expensive. You also have to factor shipping costs and if the items have any sort of value, you will need tracking.

I'd keep pushing the EU distributors.

Advertisement