Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Athy like?

Options
  • 20-07-2022 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi All,

We will be looking to get onto the property ladder soon and are looking at our options. Moving out of Dublin. No kids (yet 😉) Athy is currently on the list so just wondering could anyone here post a few things about the town? What's it really like? Good and bad. Amenities, shopping, traffic, crime etc.

There are 2 threads previously on this but both are around 10 years old with very mixed reviews so I thought an updated one might be nice. I know everywhere has good and bad so we just want a real world review of the place. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

I know someone who lives near it, and the traffic is horrendous, I dread that part of the journey. Everything goes through the main street.

The Lidl and Super Valu are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭test account 123

yeh I heard about the traffic but isn't there a ring road going in? Also ideally we'd buy on the Dublin side to try avoid that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Actual work on the ring road has begun, so the traffic should be ok in a year's time, good school's and great sports clubs in the town, Athy had a bad rep, but other towns that size now have similar problems now, overall I'd recommend it.

Advertisement