Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alternatives to Zucar for selling your car?

Options
  • 20-07-2022 11:28am

Does anyone know of any alternatives to Zucar for selling your car? How has your experience been with selling through Zucar? I’m aware they’ll offer a lower price etc than donedeal but just looking for a hassle free sale for a car that’s not being used due to WFH.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I sold a car to Zucar during one of the lockdowns. It was a very painless experience. We went back and forth on the price a bit and I was happy enough with the money offered and I know that they retailed it for approx ~2.5k more than they gave me for it. That said, the used car market changed completely in the following 12 months and I'd probably have gotten the same or even more money for it a year or more later but I wasn't to know that then.

It also depends on the car in question. If its something relatively fresh, kinda special, a unique spec, something that would catch a dealers eye (for example a hot hatch like a well spec'd Golf R / GTI), then you can play a few places off each other. The likes of Beshoff's or Lewis motors would definitely be interested.

Or you could try approaching a main dealer, even the dealer you originally bought it off. They're all looking for good used stock.

I bought it privately, it’s a 13 A4 with 106k miles. It’s only an SE but it’s an avant with a few extra bits. Tried ringing a few places but they said the mileage was too high for them but they’ve stock up with higher miles.

Sent everything into Zucar so will wait and see, did you need to bring the car down to them or did they collect and inspect on site? Did you ring them on the price you were offered to see if anything better could be done?

I meant to reply to you with my other comment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah its a 9 year old car with 100k+ miles. They will offer you bottom dollar for it. I think you'd be better off trying to sell it privately to be honest or try a couple of local small independent dealers perhaps.

They rang me shortly after I'd submitted the details/photos etc. I refused his initial offer and he rang me back the next day with a slightly better offer. Now my car had low to average mileage and was fairly desirable, a BMW 4 series. I drove it down to them once the deal was agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Might be worth trying for comparisions - https://www.webuyanyvehicle.ie/

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Recently started by an former main dealer when the franchise wasn't renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I sold a car to betterdeal.ie - utterly painless experience. Money transferred to my account and the car picked up from outside my front door. They offered by far the best price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Faceless Businessmen, what's going on here lads 😁 😁

Advertisement