Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damage inquiry

Options
  • 20-07-2022 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,623 ✭✭✭✭

So someone damaged my sister car the other day

They went to close in a truck and scrapped the paint off around the back wheel arch that is basically part of the back bumper,, The person got out of the truck apologised and asked could they skip calling insurance and he would pay of repairs, She knew who the guy was as he wasa local, All good so far

Now the problem is a few weeks earlier she parked in the local shopping centre and someone crashed into her while she was in the shops and drove off ,leaving a dint in the rear bumper ,She's now worried if the scratches can only be repaired if the whole bumper is , the guy might not want to pay as he didn't do the bigger damage

I know she should have called the insurance then and there, any advice or anyone even know if the scratches can be repaired without the whole bumper being sprayed ,

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask a paintshop/bodyshop.

The trouble you have is that the lorry driver is responsible for the first lot of damage only. How anyone can apportion cost in that situation is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,623 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The lorry incident happened secondly ,

I suppose regardless of the first part of damage he can't just crash into people, but again as She knows of him locally she really doesn't want to f*ck him over either,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The only answer is to get an estimate to repair the car and then talk to the trick driver.

Advertisement