Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best spot to buy brand new beginner clubs.

Options
  • 20-07-2022 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

30 y/o fella here and am looking for a set of brand new clubs as I've only recently took up golf.

I'm looking for brand new ones so was wondering what retailers people would recommend.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭coillcam

The major online retailers will have beginner sets you can buy - probably around €400-ish. McGuirks and Halpenny would be the best Irish online option. Clubhouse Golf in the UK is another decent option. Your local pro shop or driving range could also sort you out, always good to make a good relationship here. Generally, the local pro will look after regular customers and assist with lessons/discounts etc.

The basic sets did go up in price over the last year or so iirc. Your local option may also be able to get you a 2nd hand set for similar money, which may well be better than the beginner set. Even so, a beginner set should be fine until you improve to a decent standard and your swing speed goes up significantly.

When I started a couple of years back, I had a beginner Wilson set and the first thing I did was change the putter. The rest was fine for a few months and then I added a couple of wedges later on. Hindsight tells me that I was way better off paying for lessons than upgrading clubs at the beginning. It's the best way to progress.

Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy the game.

Advertisement