Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advxe on meditation

Options
  • 19-07-2022 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Anyone find mediation makes them feel down?

I've tried to 30days in the morning or a few times a week, but I feel myself getting into a funk.

I've tried breathwork but I don't know am I doing that right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

There are many different types of meditation, some to relieve anxiety and stress, some aimed at understanding the nature of the mind, guided meditation, transcendental meditation.

I don’t believe the purpose of any meditation is to make you feel good, but your explanation seems to indicate you don’t feel bad after it, just flat?

if you feel down then maybe consider that thoughts can, and do, still flow throughout the practice, and if these thoughts are negative, “I’m not doing this right”, “this won’t work for me”, or more negative self thoughts, then these can still leave you in a negative state of mind, or down as you put it.

Buddhists practice meditation for many years before they achieve enlightenment, as a lay person practicing meditation we will never achieve anything like that, so our expectations of what we will get out of it have to be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭2 fast

Thank you for your post.

I get where you're coming from, I'm not looking for enlightenment moreso how not to get into a funk.

I've tried numerous types of meditations such as journeying, guided, sound, breathwork, etc.

I don't come away thinking negative thoughts I just feel flat, down is probably the wrong word. It's more like a funk, bit clouded.

I was wondering do people have any advice of feeling this way and how to not leave it linger.

I do mediation to get more in touch work my intuition and become heart centred.

Advertisement