Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sage at it again!

Options
  • 19-07-2022 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

I bought Sage 50 accounts in 2018 as I changed pcs and the version of sage would not work on windows 10.

I paid for the licence fee upfront in 2018 and other costs involved. I have been using it the last few years. I dont have great internet service so do not what to rely on cloud accounting. Often loose internet signal in the middle of work.

I paid for basic support as an addon but have managed to use the software without last years service fees.

A few months ago I received an email asking me to upgrade which I would prefer to use what I have as I paid all the costs in one go.

Would you know it I just got an email saying that after 1 Sept I will not be able to use the software and I have to use cloud computing. Right in the middle of a financial year. I really dislike this company but I need a software that I can prepare accounts on for a Limited Company.

I have sent an email over to them so waiting for their generic email back!

Any suggestions welcome. Very annoyed here!

Post edited by tvjunki on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

What will actually stop Sage 50 working after Sept 1st?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭tvjunki

They are saying they are stopping using TLS 1.0 and will stop people having access to the software. I do not want to pay a monthly fee as I have already paid for it but it looks like i will not have access to my information from previous years either! Not great if you have a Revenue Audit!

What this means for you

By 30 September 2022, we will switch off TLS 1.0 and 1.1 for our remaining services, Auto Update and Sage License Server following the latest industry standards.

Once we switch off, anyone using Sage 50 Accounts or Sage 50cloud Accounts v26.2 or below will no longer be able to access their software.

What if I'm not on a subscription for Sage 50cloud Accounts?

Sage 50 Accounts v26.2 and below is also affected by these changes unless your software has never been installed on a computer with an Internet connection.

https://gb-kb.sage.com/portal/app/portlets/results/viewsolution.jsp?solutionid=200910142529173

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

So don't connect that computer to the internet. Or better still work out the IP address of the connections that are using TLS 1.0. Wireshark and its TLS filter might be able to do that, then you can carry one using the computer on the internet once you have blocked those IP addresses.

Not technically minded when it comes to this stuff of ip addresses blocking and unblocking. How do I do that? . I just disconnected the internet and tried to run the sage 50 and it would not let me access the files. It says my internet is down. I am sure I could read the data before all this without the internet on.

• Advertisement

OK so they may have the covered.

Yes they have. I was told on the phone today I need the internet so it can do a few background processes. I was told that after September I WILL not have access to any of the files including historic as they are switching of the communication method of TLS 1.0. What do I do now if I have an audit I have nothing? I cannot even work with it off line now as it will not update supposedly.

Hears the thing they said I have to upgrade to view my information and sign up for 12months and then after I run from month to month. Right in the middle of the financial year. I did not want a direct debit type of set up and that is why I paid the whole thing up front.

If I move to another software package I will have to manually upload all the information from the start of this year.

Advertisement