Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menorca Recommendations

Options
  • 19-07-2022 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Has anyone got any Menorca Recommendations for Hotels, All Inclusive, 4 Star Qualify? I don't mind location - although nearer to airport would be easier as transfers look very expensive. Does not have to be near a beach but large pool area a must.

Got some cheap flights for September. I have never being before and I am getting lost in Trip Advisor Reviews and Bookings.com.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,739 ✭✭✭✭josip

We stayed a couple of times at Royal Son Bou. Would love to go back but can't afford the peak rate :)

Not sure what you're being quoted for the transfers, but given that Menorca is fairly small, I'm surprised that the transfer is expensive relative to the cost of a 4 star all inclusive hotel. Mao would be closer to airport and has enough to keep you occupied for a few days. Ciutadella in the west is smaller. Most people go to Menorca for the beaches but that doesn't sound like what you're after. That being said, the beach towns will probably have the best selection of 4 star hotels.

Be aware though that Menorca deserves its moniker of "Buggy Island" and Royal Son Bou is no different in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Has anyone any Ciutadella hotel recommendations that are not child-friendly. Seriously, we’re looking for a quiet week in Menorca.

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,739 ✭✭✭✭josip

It's not called "Buggy Island" for nothing you know 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

In Mahon have a look at the Artiem Capri, lovely hotel with free food and drink throughout the day. About 5 minutes walk from the bus station. You can get the airport bus to the station. Also the bus to Ciutadella from this station plus a few day trips to other points on the island.

We stayed 4 nights in the Artiem in Mahon and then transferred to Ciutadella and stayed in Ferrer Hotels apartment called the Skyline. Very nice, about 15 minutes walk from Ciutadella old Town and lovely walk in to the town via the port.

Advertisement