Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paddy Power keep canceling my account

• 19-07-2022 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Folks, just wondering if anyone has had this issue with pp before. For some reason they keep "locking" my account. Im not "huge" gambler as such and normally i just put a bet on for the big horse racing festivals or if im at a meet (which is fairly rare). Anyway I've had a decent year so far, and was able to collect about 2k (nothing huge). Anyway i said to myself rather than leaving it there, id look to withdraw about 75%, and maybe get a TV or something with it. Anyway i verified and applied for a cash card. But then when i logged in today, my account is locked and balance seems to be forfeit. Has this ever happened to anyone here before, is their any recourse available that ppl are aware of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Try IBAS maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭Xander10

When you say "keep closing account"

Are you engaging in multiple registrations and availing of sign up offers as a new member?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Those screenshots look like that are from two different chats. That, plus the title suggests that this has happened more than one account. Which suggets it was for reregging

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭gerryg80

I had this issue about 3 months ago after Cheltenham when i tired to verify, i managed to get it re-opened. I left it for a while and just got my verification accepted yesterday and then applied for a cash card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Have you excluded with one of the other companies from the same company? Skybet, Pokerstars, Betfair etc? They have a policy exclude from one, exclude from all now.

you'll still get your cash back though, even if you won't get your account open unless you obtained it via promo fraud.

• Advertisement

one is the bot, and the other is the convo picked up by the agent after i requested "agent"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If your account is a re-reg after being banned on a previous account, then there’s no recourse here

If your account was a ‘first-time’ account you will obviously get your winnings as long as you haven’t broken any Ts and Cs

The fact that they’re holding the money suggests the former (or something like regging a new account having previously self excluded yourself etc)

Not excluded from any (that im aware of). I'd be happy to get my balance, and take my business else where tbh. Is there a known process here. Agent earlier seemed to be saying its gonzo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭nullObjects

You can contact the entities that regulate them directly if you think it was in error: https://www.paddypower.com/aboutUs/Regulatory.Information/

If you did rereg then they probably do have a case to close the account though.

If the funds weren't directly from taking advantage of a sign up offer or anything else against the Ts and Cs then hopefully you can make a case for getting a withdrawal.

Good luck

"First time" account that i have had with them for years.... If i have broken a "T&C", id like to know what i have done, but they seem to be with holding this info.

• Advertisement

Fair enough so - If you’re being completely honest about the situation and haven’t done anything stupid, you’re entitled to the winnings

Keep fighting them

Start the complaints process and follow through with the regulator.

Holding onto money, even if a rereg doesn't sit well with me in any case. And you're 'not playing the game, if the betting company is losing.'

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭Xander10

Slightly off topic, but the trained people they have on chat help always come across as clueless.

Like, stating your account is closed and can't be appealed and then asking..is there anything else I can help you with today 😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭kg703

Did you directly ask them can you withdraw your funds? You didnt in that screenshot.

There are a number of reasons why an account would be closed on business grounds and it's very likely due to something you've done or some info you've supplied them or if you ever excluded from another company. They have to give your money back unless they suspect fraud or money laundering in which case its a long process to get it back as the gardai have to sign off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I think the "is there anything else I can help you with today" is mandatory or programmed in many of these chat applications. so the agent cannot close the ticket without asking that first. A so-called handy feature that appeals to PHBs. I drove one agent from parcel2go mad by saying "yes" and dragging them back to first issue repeatedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

They banned me from free bet promotions. I don't gamble much at all and had used a couple of those free €5 bets they do now and again. I guess I wasn't spending enough with them even though there's nothing in their T&Cs saying you have to be a regular gambler to receive those bets.

I closed my account and told them why. The only thing they would say is that I can no longer avail of the free bets and they can't tell me why. So I no longer have a PP account, not that they'd miss me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

If you've had the same account for years, how did you withdraw previously when you wanted to?

Seems to me that your verification for the cash card had clearly triggered something - were you under 18 when you opened the account or used incorrect/different details or something?

I've actually never withdrawn tbh. In previous years I would have described myself as having a "casual" flutter and basically just kept a pretty low balance. Maybe lodging a couple of quid before a festival. Hence im abit "miffed" as to why my account has been cancelled etc. Plus it seem to be impossible to get a specific reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Winning accounts get closed, bad for business. But normally its accounts that are taking value (odds you take shorten before event starts by a fair bit). Strange that you just do the odd flutter, even if up, and they close you! You should have no issue asking them to send you the funds though. Bookies are scumbags unfortunately. Been through multiple accounts with all the major bookies now but its getting harder and harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I imagine you just got someone who was either clueless or couldn't care. I'd try again, sometime social media is a great way to go. If you've done nothing wrong and you've verified etc you will get your cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Thats theft tho is it not? its still his money and they have no right to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

So you can take peoples money once its in the T&C's?

As far as I know the bookies are not required to honour any bet. It’s a gentleman’s agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭3DataModem

One of the reasons a bookmaker will close an online account is if a player raises a flag from a money-laundering or PEP perspective.

For example: If someone has links to a high-risk cash-heavy business (and "links" could include a family member) then they will close your account and never, ever, tell you why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

In Ireland there is absolutely no legal requirement for a bookmaker to pay out winnings a regulator is badly needed now in this case I'd keep at them and at them about the money and they'll pay just so you'll go away a couple of grand is nothing to PP in the grand scheme of things.

He wasn’t supposed to be able to bet with them in the first place if he was going against Ts & Cs (he says he isn’t to be fair).

So if he was going against them, of course they can keep the winnings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Winning accounts generally don't get closed, they get stake restrictions applied, meaning you can bet in such small amounts it effectively renders the accounts unusable.

This has nothing to do with that anyway as it says "account security team", rather than "trading team". I suspect there's been a re-reg or a self exclusion on a sister brand somewhere along the line

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

Lesson to be learned from this is simply don’t even open an online account! As an earlier poster said, bookies are scumbags. Whatever chance you have at beating them in a shop, it is simply impossible to beat them online.

They have scores of traders monitoring every account and if there is any winning streak, winning strategy or particular betting pattern that is going against them, you will be restricted to €0.01 bets or the account will be closed. This WILL happen if you are winning online.

You can try to re-register, use different names, email addresses, credit cards etc. but the same thing will happen if you are winning and you also run the risk being caught for breaching the T&Cs.

Whenever I hear someone talking about an online account or bet they made online I just shake my head and think mug … this guy is obviously losing money or else he wouldn’t be talking about an online account.

Don’t bother with any further online accounts. Aside from what I’ve said above, it’s a lot easier to stay disciplined when only sticking to shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ross81

absolutely spot on. I got gubbed on so many of them I decided to just stick to exchanges (despite the various issues with them as well). I love how Paddy Power especially have this sort of "we're your mates, its all for a laugh" social media/TV marketing campaign but of course any prolonged success and your account is terminated. Pure scum.

Advertisement