Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brand new car. Front passenger door vibrates / rattles when playing chunes. Warranty issue?

Options
  • 18-07-2022 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Basically title. The passenger door vibrates / reverberates / buzzes (not an electrical buzz) when there's a bass drum or heavy bass line in a song. Sounds like something might be loose inside the door panel, although could just be shyte build quality (it's a Dacia), however the driver side door is fine, no issues there and speakers sound great.

I don't have bass turned up to the max.

Will I be laughed out of the forecourt raising this issue? I'll literally have to sit a mechanic down and have him listen to songs.

The thought of me listening to this for the next three years is giving me a mini aneurysm .

It's my first time buying a new car or having a warranty on any car.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Some cars do that unfortunately. I've also found shoving something in the door shelf solves it. Also give it a slight pull outwards next time, and see does that resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Just bring it back in. It’s probably only a matter of taking door card off and checking everything is assembled correctly. Worst case they add some sound deadening or something. It’s a very small thing that will solve it. Even the act of disassembly and putting back together could be enough. If one door is ok the other should be the same. I wouldn’t let the fact it’s a Dacia sway decision to get it sorted, it’s a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Or change the CD/Station/mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you move balance over to the drivers side does it happen? If you move balance over to just the passenger side does it happen? I'd bring it back and try to have some demo like that available to them where they can see one speaker is fine and the other is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Yes if i pull or push on the door it "resolves" it for as long as I'm doing that. When i move my hand off it the noise comes back.

• Advertisement

Yep it happens if i move balance over to the just the passenger side.

I haven't tested moving balance to the driver's side, will check tomorrow. If it does happen there, then what? What is the purpose of this test?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Reduce the base setting and see if it makes any difference or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it does happen they will likely be able to fob you off and say it's as designed and not meant to be a professional sound system. I wouldn't expect it to happen on the drivers side so they should have no excuse but to make a fix to it, they can't argue it's because of how the sound is delivered.

If they try to fob you off ask them can you check a demo car to see if it's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

There you go.

Bring it into the dealer and show them this, they will sort it.

Brought it to the dealer. The fixed it but the car still has general rattles and creaking. Seems to be coming from the dashboard now and a bit still from the door. Probably unfixable.

I guess that's what you get for buying the cheapest car ever. Dacia Sandero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

are you a finicky type of person OP? easily irritated?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Have probably taken 10 or 11 dashboards out of Dacias because of customers complaining about rattles. Was just the plastic parts rubbing eachother or something like. We'd just put some foam tape where plastic trims were meeting eachother, it solved it most of the time but unfortunately you can't tell customers the build quality of their cars is sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You’d have loved the original model Auris 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭pauly58

When I worked at an Opel dealer, nearly every new Astra G had rattles in the dash & doors, lots of sticky foam & a lot of labour time on warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

Know someone who injected expanding foam behind the door card….. then complained when window wouldn’t open….

** don’t use expanding foam in the door **

I bought a brand new car that reminds me of my 2004 Ford Fiesta that I just drove to the dump. So yes it is irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I'd be ignoring trolling posts such as that.

Rattles are annoying in any car but at this price point perfect build quality cannot be expected. Having said that the car is under warranty and build quality defects are covered so keep throwing it back at the dealer. Odds you are not alone and they will know where to look.

Some manufacturers will only cover rattles up until a certain mileage so don't delay.

Advertisement