Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

220 Bus at night - completely unreliable for anyone else?

Options
  • 18-07-2022 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Once night falls it seems the 220 buses just disappear. It's completely unreliable when I need to get home from the pub. Around midnight / 1am ish.

The countdown timer screen says 15mins .. 10 mins ... 5 mins... then it just disappears.

I've spent way too much money on taxis recently due to this shyte.

Anybody else having the same experience? I've used the 220 in the mornings and it seems fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dangel4x4

How drunk are you when you're waiting for the bus? 🤭

At closing time there's 220 roughly every half hour until 2am, and every hour after that until 6am

Great service...I haven't needed to get a taxi home from the pub in years

https://bustimes.org/services/220-fountainstown-strand-northbound-srelane-cross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

2 in a row didnt show last Thur from Carrigaline. Waiting more than an hour...glad it wasn't cold or raining.

Poor form, but typical... unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

You obviously must have been langers coming back from the pub if you think they're on time.

Yes I know the timetables exist but they're useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

They'll often pull the late night services with no notification. Terrible service as per usual from BE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭notAMember

The morning services are also pulled without notice, and afternoon. It's completely random. It's stressful for school children and their families in particular, who are left standing at bus stops and then reprimanded at school for being late.

I can see a bus stop out the window of my office. Twice last week I saw children not being picked up, and trying to get parents to jump into cars to race them in. That's a 40% failure rate.

I've submitted complaints before about services not showing up, and the response each time was that a driver was a no-show for the shift. I don't get why they can't then update the data supplied to the "real-time" app, so you're not standing there expecting a phantom bus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement