Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Note E power

Options
  • 17-07-2022 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I bought Nissan note epower 2017, car engine sometimes makes the airplane noise while driving or when car just starts to move , is this something normal with the e power cars or fault?

Thanks

Adeel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The e power is driven purely from the electric motor. The engine is just there to charge up the battery.

In Ireland we have only heard of e power on Nissans now as it will be available on the new Qashqai. Of course in Japan they’ve had them for a few years.

I don’t know if the noise you’re hearing is excessive or just unusual? If the noise is proportional to vehicle speed, it’s likely to be the electric motor making the noise. Have you driven any electric cars before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ar84

Hi Colm, I bought this car in Dublin, I drove on motorways heard no noise, whenever I drives in town @ lowspeed noise appears and disappears

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ar84

This is my first e vehicle,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I think it is just the sound of electric motor that's different from regular petrol or diesel engine.

As long as it is not as loud as an actual airplane you are fine ;)

There is a bit of a whirling sound, but you should have heard that when test driving. Pretty normal.

Advertisement