Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen sink leak at drain connection

Options
  • 17-07-2022 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Need some help here .

Water drips from the part of the kitchen sink pipe connecting with the drain stub out.

The coupler which connects with the stubout has a worn out washer which I replaced but that doesn't seem to help.

The drip is about a drop every few minutes when there's a heavy flow of water .

There are no grooves on the drain pipe and the coupler just goes on top of the drain pipe so I am wondering what's the way to fix this.

The problem started after I opened up and reassembled the kitchen pipes to clean up a clog.

The clog is gone and now I am left with this problem 😭

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Is that a removable coupler with integrated washers? Limited experience here, but any time when I have seen one of them they have required sealing with PVC glue to make the connection tight.

Otherwise if it's still leaking you might have dirt or a scratch on the surface of the pipe which is allowing water past. Either clean or replace the affected pipes and coupler.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭galaxy12

Many thanks.Applied a bit of Pvc glue .and straightened the connection towards the stubout as it may have been at a slight angle when the water dripped .Sorted now.

Advertisement