Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Note E12 AirCon.

Options
  • 16-07-2022 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭

How do I know if my A/C needs re-gassing? It's blowing only warm air at the moment even on long journeys. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how the system works. Windows closed, switch on console illuminated, blower set at full. Does the outside air temperature affect the operation meaning it will only work properly at either freezing or roasting temperature?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you have never used it then likely the system is leaking from lack of use and gas gone, it should be used regularly even in winter or the seals will perish. Windows can be open or closed but leaving them open is like waiting for your fridge to cool with the door on it open.

Pressing the A/C button with the fan on will circulate the cool air, if you have Auto settings on the air flow direction and Fresh/Recirculate controls they will give an even cooling of the car. See pic 27 on this car of the A/C controls with Auto options, whatever temperature you set here the car will cool or heat until it reaches that temperature and will then maintain it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Thanks for the info. Yes, I rarely use it , that's true, not since last winter. Should the air flow also become more powerful when the AC button is pressed with the fan already on? It's not in mine at the moment, just steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It depends on what you have, at a basic level it will blow chilled air out at whatever speed your fan is set to.

When you have climate control the fans will work with the air-conditioning to quickly bring the car to the desired temperature. So say today when you jumped in to the car the fans would be working overtime to pump chilled air in to the cabin to bring the temperature down and then when that temperature is obtained the fans ease off and then kick in when needed.

There's a compressor in your engine bay that the AC runs from when the engine is running, it's worth opening the bonnet and then listening to see if you can here a clicking noise when you turn on the AC to tell it's engaging. Your problem could be related to the compressor itself or just low gas level.

Not sure where you are in the country, I've used this guy in Parkwest, Dublin before to refill and would recommend...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Limerick City. My own mechanic does A/C servicing.

Advertisement