Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp wifi for caravan

Options
  • 15-07-2022 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

not sure if this is on right area, but here goes. I have my caravan on a season pitch. I have very patchy mobile data. Just wondering if there is any way of boosting signal, to potentially be able to use Netflix etc and get messages on my phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Mobile repeater for voice/data on your mobile phone or mobile router/SIM for data to your devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

you can try to get a yagi/cantenna with USB wifi adaptor or an old router and point it at some building

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

Ask everyone you know in the area over for a cuppa at some stage and see if anyone has better mobile coverage than you. If one network is much better than others it's worth your while switching if you can.

There are great routers out there that will make the most of a mobile signal to give you WiFi. That will give you WhatsApp / Facebook / Signal messages, but SMS may not work well.

What part of the country and what network are you on. Can't really advise without some details!

Advertisement