Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Mats - Where do you buy them?

Options
  • 15-07-2022 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me with suggestions for places to get a good deal on a set of fitted mats to a Skoda Octavia Mk III - since Brexit my usual supplier doesn't supply to Ireland anymore unfortunately.

OEM they're €50; Micks Garage is about €28 but the driver's side mat on the last set I had bought my father from Mick's wore out within the space of a year.

Is it possible to buy a drivers side mat only? Would come in handy as all the others are as new.

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ebay.ie has plenty listed.

Amazon also list them.

Google also lists places

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don’t think you can get the drivers mat on its own from Skoda. I’m on my second set.

FWIW the premium mats from Skoda don’t wear well. The heel area wears very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

Not much help here but I got a mk II about 7 years ago and it had branded Octavia rubber mats. Didnt really like them at the time but they still look brand new. Very easy to clean, quick drop of shampoo, scrub with a nail brush and a quick hose and they're spotless again. The boot also had something similar but a harder plastic. If that's dirty a quick wipe with a cloth and it comes up good again.

Now looking to change the car and I'll be looking to buy the same again for the new one. Don't know what the old set cost but it was good value whatever they were. I'd highly recommend something similar, especially with manky kids in the back and a mucky dog in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Maybe not the answer you are looking for OP but I buy a set every couple of years when Lidl or Aldi have them. Never really worn a set out yet but they get dirty and its easier to buy a new set.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Micks Garage have sold specific model mats in the past, I have got a couple of sets, still in use in both of my cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm intrigued by the title of this thread (as if car mats were a weekly purchase!). In 35 years of driving, over numerous vehicles, I can't recall ever buying car mats. Sorry OP - I know this is not helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

I bought one in a main dealer for my avensis a few years ago wearing at the heel area now though was 26 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I bought genuine Merc rubber ones (so they had the retaining clips and perfect fit) from a Merc dealer (Germany) on eBay - About €80 for 4.... best decision ever

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭sligopaul

Same here, find rubber mats usually form the manufacturer wear well and maintain the carpets underneath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You get what you pay for, personally I would go OEM. Obviously you don't need a full set but €50 isn't breaking the bank for something that you don't replace often. If you're concerned about longevity or cleaning then rubber mats would be better.

I have OEM mats in the Golf and apart from a dip where my heel sits they're still fine after 60,000km/almost 5 years. Carpet underneath is good as new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭babyducklings1

Maybe Halfords or a local motor factor dealer.

Any idea where to get the rubber mats? Collecting a Passat in a few days and can't find any that don't look cheap and tacky. Happy to pay whatever if they're as good as my previous set.

Also looking for a good plactic or rubber boot mat. Also have one in the Octavia but it won't fit. The one I have is a hard, molded one with a lip about an inch high. Fantastic with the dog in the boot or if we've been to the beach. No need to hoover, just take it out and give it a belt over the grass and back in, 30 second job.

I can't seem to post the link for some reason but VW's website has some rubber Passat B8 mats. €65.81 for the front and €44.50 for the rear. They can be delivered or picked up from a dealer.

Cheers, it's a B7 I've bought but I'd imagine there's something there for that too, I'll have a look.

Yeah they have B7 ones too, they were the only ones I could see initially!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

BMW might rent a set to you if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Oem rubber mats for the win, tend to be expensive but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

If only you could find someone able to make one out of high thickness rubber

Advertisement