Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Challenge USA

• 14-07-2022 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching the latest incarnation of The Challenge featuring previous CBS reality TV contestants?

As a fan on Big Brother, Survivor and The Amazing Race I was always going to enjoy this. Given how I somewhat struggled to get up to speed with all the cast dynamics of the original The Challenge I find myself enjoying this iteration a lot more.

There will be a UK version airing on Channel 5 I believe with a global final on Paramount + at some point too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭pooch90

I haven't made up my mind yet. I definitely think they could have done without the LI cast and the fact there is only 3 from TAR makes the numbers very skewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah, the lack of balance means it's anything but fair however it's not that far removed from a normal season where you have a large portion of the cast on the outs from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭pooch90

True but I think there's little point having zero returning players and then it still being so skewed IYKWIM?

Plus I hated the BB Cookout alliance so don't like them basically just transplanting one alliance from show to show when a lot of other shows don't even have people from the same season, let alone a history of working together.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

I'm enjoying it. Don't watch BB but I do know the survivor, amazing race and LI people so I'm happy.

I wonder will we get to see the other countries participate in the worlds or whatever it leads up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The UK leg is due to air in Channel 5 at some point. I believe it's not a cast of existing reality tv stars which to me is a bit odd.

One of the things that I like the most about the season is the cast profile is dramatically different to a normal season of The Challenge so I hope the do similar in the other countries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement