Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change of ownership - vintage tractors

Options
  • 13-07-2022 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Have two vintage tractors here which belonged to my late father that I need to get into my name. Haven't been on the road in yonks, so tax wasnt kept up. One has the old brown log book, one will need a new book issued.

Question is - Is this the same process as car ownership change, ie all back taxes are wiped with new owner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Yup, same process as if it was a car.

I have a vintage motorcycle, with the old brown cardboard tax book.

It hasn't been taxed since the early 80's

When the sorn thing came in, I went to declare it off the road, tax office had no record of the bike, and told me just to ignore the whole sorn thing until I ever wanted to put it on the road.

Bike has been in the family since the 70's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭zg3409

Yes, bring brown book into local.motor tax office rather than posting it, as if you post it it might get lost in the postal or Shannon system. Declare it off the road immediately or you will.again start owing tax. You need to declare it off the road the previous month, before the 1st of the next month.

Advertisement