Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire 3, critical low battery

Options
  • 13-07-2022 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi , my acer aspire, just 3 years old, has decided not to charge, critical low battery appears on the screen for about 3 seconds and then turns off. The charger is plugged in, but the charging light stays off, or sometimes flashes for a second and then turns off. I've held the power button for 30 seconds, let it sit for 5 minutes and still the same results. I've pinned the reset hole, with the same outcome.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

remove the battery ,plug in charger, does the laptop work ok, eg load up windows 7, 10,os as normal, or does it do nothing,? windows loads ,works as normal, at least laptop is working ok.charger provides normal power,

if laptop does not power on with battery removed ,there,s maybe a problem with the charger.

i have a spare acer brand charger 19volt, 3.42 amps , out,

same specs as your laptop charger

Post edited by riclad on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Switch off the laptop, disconnect the charger from the power in socket, there's usually a button underneath that allows the battery to be removed, all laptops should work fine if the battery is removed just using the standard power supply. charger press power button, wait for windows to load, see if it works.

Advertisement