Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive mind (before the queen)

Options
  • 12-07-2022 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Awesome problem solving. Streaming maintenance. No one going to waste.

Discuss..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

But what do you mean? I thought there was always a Queen she just did not not make her presence known unless she needed to so she would send a Cube out to a sector of space where there was potential races worth assimilating and just let them do that as she knows they would be scarier to most races and that very few would he able to stop them.

I think the reason Earth was not fully assimilated was because it was still just to far from Borg space even with the Transwarp conduits.

The Borg were just went to scare humans not assimilate them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Rawr

I had assumed the Queen was the first Borg, and that the Collective had expanded from her. But then Voyager goes and wreaks that by establishing that the Queen was herself assimilated as a child. I had liked the early TNG Borg which has cropped up as this unstoppable force of nature and that the creepy Collective voice of them *was the Borg*. There was no negotiation, no peace, no personality among them to trick or anger or otherwise twist into action. They were beyond anything human, the Enterprise simply could not beat them, and if you failed to beat them they could consume you in an unending nightmare. This made them one of the best Sci-Fi monsters ever created.

Of course then we all know what happened later alas....

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Well, that Queen could have been referring to the body she was in at that time.

I like to think the Queen is the essence of various individuals over time that started with one person.

The borg could also be breakaway collections - I use that to justify some of the sketchy writing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

The original Queen may have been the first but the Borg aren't immortal, as far as I know, so eventually a new Queen would have to be selected or the Borg would have disbanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Anyway, at least in the latest timeline, they are standing outside the GPO with leaflets asking for volunteers 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I always thought the Queens were a clone of sorts.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

In Unimatrix Zero the Queen said she was species 125 so probably not a clone of the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I must look them up and volunteer with them lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Seven was apprehensive about taking on the role of the Queen in Picard too. Worried incase she didn't want to come back from it.

Advertisement