Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV DVR Issue

Options
  • 12-07-2022 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭

Have a CCTV system however the DVR has stopped recording. Previously lightling (we think) knocked out 2 of 5 Cameras and the DVR. It was sent back to supplier who I think just replaved the power adpactor (I replaced the camer plugs). There was still power going to the DVR but I suspect it just not strong enough and stopped recording.

Same issue with DVR around 18 months later. I was thinking of just purchasing a replacment adpactor instead of having to send back to supplier as its not covered under warrantly this time.

My question, insufficent power the most likely cuase or something else? The DVR has capacity to handle 8 camers so I can't see it been harddrive failing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

if the psu doesn't have enough power to spin up the harddrive - you may hear the drive repeatly spinning up and stopping - or other non normal pc type noises.

if you can find the model's manual online you can check the psu amps and voltage required.

If could also of course be a failed drive - it can happen especially if the box doesnt have enough ventilation and overheats.

also - the cctv box and psu can be very cheaply replaced (amazon prime day is this week...) with possibly no new wiring needed if you pick a similar system.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement