Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approximate cost for Detailed Drawings and supervision of works for Mortgage

• 11-07-2022 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, we got planning drawings and design including EPA Test and Planning fees for c. €1800. This seemed very reasonable and the work was good. The same guy is now looking for €4,300 for detailed drawings and supervision of work for Mortgage payments. Is this normal?

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭briangriffin

New build fees for an engineer to draw up construction plans (from architects drawings) and sign off mortgage drawdown and all site inspections (roughly 8-10) had quotes varying from 5.5k to 10k. Went with the lowest one.

Your price seems very reasonable given some engineers are a percentage of the build. More important you get someone who you can get on the phone and who you can have a good working relationship with so they can steer you right especially if it's a self build.

Set up awhats app and send photos of any works complete as they are happening to keep them in thr loop.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SodiumCooled

It looks reasonable, our fees are approximately the same though it was a little more on the planning stage and a little less on the build stage but overall similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

what value are the estimated building works?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MDoo157

Thanks for the reply. The job is an energy retrofit of an existing 4 bed bungalow and a 45sq M extension. The planning drawings were a little on the cheaper side because I had CAD drawings of the existing house and the extension already done. It’ll be a self build project which we are hoping to get over the line for €200 K not including SEAI grants.

Advertisement