Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the right place

Options
  • 09-07-2022 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm looking for the right place to discuss a relationship situation I'm in, but reluctant to tell the story until I know this is the proper category. Briefly, I'm a man married to a woman who has lost all interest in sex. I know I am loved, but I don't feel desired, and I feel like I am missing out on so much since I am still very interested in sex. Before I was married, I always dated women but occasionally had sex with men when I wasn't dating anyone (I'm a total submissive in that department). I can only form romantic attachments and feel love for women. But I've taken sexuality assessment tests and always come up 30-40% homosexual though still in the heterosexual bloc. I'm wondering what I should do, or if I have any options at all. If this is not the right category to discuss this, please point me to the right one. I know what I'd like to do, but I don't know if it's a viable option. I just don't want to get banned or kicked out, but it would be nice to talk about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Whats the test?

Only you can determine if you are gay or bi not a test

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Salo13

There are many different sexuality tests online, some more scientific than others, of course. I took 4 science-based ones that all said the same thing as I mentioned. Aside from that, I feel bisexual to some degree and always have. I have had sexual experiences with men, but can only form romantic attachments with women.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Jafin

I suppose the term you'd be looking for if you wanted to label yourself would be heteroromantic bisexual. That means you have a physical attraction to both men and women, but you only form romantic connections with women.

What are you looking to achieve? Do you want to stay married but have sex with men outside the marriage? I would never advocate cheating on a spouse, so if this is what you want to do then you should probably discuss it with your wife. If you think it would break up the marriage then you have to either choose between doing that, or keeping your sexual desires to yourself and stay in the marriage.

I think this forum is an appropriate place to discuss it, but you could also discuss it on the Relationship Issues forum. You might get more answers on that forum to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 meathman1225

Look at my MSM thread

Advertisement