Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new Android phone

Options
  • 09-07-2022 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,

I need some tips for a new phone.

My provider gave me a new phone for free. It was very appreciated because my previous phone (Huawei P10 Plus) was at the end of his life.

This new phone is an Oppo A54s 5G. Despite being it a much more recent phone, its technology and performance are way worse than the previous phone, and after 7 months of use I think I have enough of it. It's slow when using the apps, the camera isn't as good as it was with the previous phone, its memory is only 64 GB, which seems to be not enough to run or install everything I need. The only very good thing of this phone is that its cards tray carries 2 SIM cards and 1 microSD card, so it's still a dual SIM even with a microSD card installed.

So, now I'm looking for something better.

Requirements:

Android Phone, RAM 6 to 8 GB (even 12 GB if possible), ROM at least 128 GB (256 GB would be great), microSD card accepted, dual SIM, 5G network, 6.5" display or higher. Price €500-550 max. Looking for a very good camera, I use my phone for photos a lot and want good results. I'm not using my phone for gaming.

I would avoid Samsung and LG brands.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Oneplus Nord CE 2

Redmi Note 11

Poco X4 Pro GT

Those might be some ideas for you, all way under budget. Have a look at some reviews on youtube and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Thanks so much, I don't know how I missed the Redmi Note 11 during my search.

I think that the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is what suits me (I hope).

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

I bought that Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G phone, and have to say that I'm not impressed so far.

It has a rather good display and it's a rather fast phone.

But it has a low sensitivity to the 5G network and a very bad sensitivity to the WiFi network. Compared to my previous phone, the level of 5G received signal is lower. This Redmi Note 11 phone fails to connect to my home WiFi network, most of the times it isn't connected to it, unless I move the phone in another spot of the house. My previous phone never missed it, and all the other devices in the house work fine with the WiFi network

The Redmi Note 11 DOES NOT have the dual SIM + microSD slots, it can only have either two SIMs or one SIM and a microSD, unlike it is stated in the technical spcifications.

The camera is the worst camera I have ever seen. All shots are blurred, and as soon as I zoom in (2x), the image becomes even worse. At 4x zoom the image is just a cluster of pixels, and it is nearly impossible to understand what I have taken a photo of.

Those famous 108 Mpx are just a publicity stunt. More like 2 Mpx.

I'll make some more tests, but I think I will bin it soon!

Advertisement