Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Grease Nipple Removal

Options
  • 08-07-2022 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Not a car but someone here might be able to help me. I am trying to remove a grease nipple from my lawnmower. There is nowhere to put a wrench on it. Here is a couple of pictures.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I would spray it with a fluid like WD40 after you run the wire brush around it and leave for a day to soak in .

Do you have a replacement or why is it getting removed?

Got a small curved vice grips to use to unscrew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

There’s also a great trick with a blow torch and candle wax, heat the nipple apply candle wax, repeat. This removed a nut on a lawnmower I had really given up on.

Advertisement