Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on selling

Options
  • 07-07-2022 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi. My house is going up for sale in the coming weeks. It’s in the countryside.13 years ago I hung a timber gate, now it in a bad state. Should I go to the expense of buying a new gate and putting it up or just take it down and put house on market with no gate. Is it off putting for a buyer not to have a gate. Gate will set me back a grand id say and I’m just wondering if I’d see it in the selling price. House on quiet country road

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

If it helps the place look better and means a quicker sell it is worth the outlay, try have the place looking as fresh, clean and de-cluttered as possible. Even take out some furniture etc (not all), so people can see the space and envisage what they would do with it. Best of luck with the selling.

Advertisement