Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learning without owning a Car

Options
  • 07-07-2022 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to learn to drive with just instructor Lessons?

I can’t afford €2500 for insurance on a learner permit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I don't think you'll go from non-driver to passing-a-test standard with just 12 hours of instruction and no practice whatsoever.

Do you know anyone whose car you could get insured on temporarily in order to allow you get practice hours in?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lisabiscuit

I was in the same predicament as yourself. It took me years and years of stoping and starting and different instructors. I wouldn't recommend it but it can be done but it probably cost me the same as your insurance in lessons. Good luck with it!

Advertisement