Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fuel injector cleaner

Options
  • 07-07-2022 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Does anyone know a garage that does fuel injector cleaning? I have them out of the bike, I've tried a home job, the bike starts after the initial clean but then quickly clog up again. I've chained the filter and drained the tank, I just can't get the injectors clean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Have you visually confirmed spray pattern is nice and atomised. It can be done easily enuf on the bench, do a search.

Check your hoses aint degrading?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jinks

I sent the injectors to these guys: https://www.westwardeng.com/

They gave them an ultrasonic clean, replaced the filter baskets and confirmed that they worked really well, showing flow at 270cc @ 3 bar with a very good spray pattern. I plugged them back in and now it's working great.

What bike, year and mileage?

What preceded the breakdown, all of a sudden like?

Have you confirmed they are blocked again? If so have you changed the sealing o rings on them? If not blocked or checked for blockage once more is she getting fuel? Is she getting spark? Fuel filter and pump?

Details man.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Read the post above yours.

Not your ornery onager

Lol what a dixk, i misread the last sentence!! Glad shws purrin' again man!

• Advertisement
Advertisement