Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meanies have taken the msg out, rip to my favourite hangover snack.

Options
  • 06-07-2022 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Got a pack tonight, noticed they were off straight away, not nearly as tasty and all puffy. They have added in a raising agent and taken away the msg. I remember years ago they done this with burger bites and I haven't touched a bag since i'll be doing the same here.

What's going on with tayto? cola bottle crisps and now this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Haven’t been great for a long time. A lot of crisps, particularly corn snacks, have been victims of the dreaded “new improved flavour”, which probably saves the company a lot of money.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

I got them a few months ago and they were the same as before. Wonder when they changed them. Hope it backfires on them :D

Food scientists and accountants working for snack firms should be taken outside and shot dead. Destroying everything.

I really think there is a market for a premium corn snack business - pickled onion flavour that makes your gob pucker up, proper burger bites, and the return of Crunchos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Everything processed is junk now or nearly inedible

Maybe a block of good cheese or quality crisps

Quality of everything is gone down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I believe they switched from oil to air frying a few years back.

The flavour was the same but the crisp, itself, wasn’t. Altered the whole “experience” for the worse.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Had a bang of Banshee Bones the other night. Might as well have put cardboard covered in salt and vinegar into my mouth. Puffed up crap compared to the way they were 20+ years ago! Chickatees, Wheelies, all the 10p bags of goodness are ruined. And they still won't bring back the Fat Frog.

grumble grumble

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'll never understand the fear of sugar, it all the other crap you can't pronounce and has an e is the stuff you should worry about it. Or better yet leave our snacks alone they are supposed to be bad for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

We had fear of butter and fear of coffee for a while it was all nonsense ,they're great stuff

Homemade crisps would be good if that's possible, you'd know what your getting

Advertisement