Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rtb dispute over notice to quit

Options
  • 06-07-2022 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi all,

I put in a dispute with the Rtb about 7 weeks ago and so far i have heard nothing other than im in the que! i have uploaded all the relevent documents also. does anyone know the normal timeframe for this?

the backround to all this is my landlord served notice to quit in october sighting "renovations" but didn't have anything stating the house will be uninhabitable for the duration of the renovations.

I have been in contact with threshold and the council and both have said im under no obligation to leave and to stay after October i will have been in the property 3 years at this stage and go nowhere until correct notice is given and continue paying rent. myself and the landlord are not on bad terms but not on good terms either but I'm sure this will annoy him to no end.

the landlords wife said to a neighbour that they are going to do air bnb with the property after the renovations so the property wont be offered back to me either!

im fed up of it really and id would like to move in general but there is nothing affordable and in my area not much in the entire county truth be told i don't want to end up homeless if it comes to it i think ill be buying a campervan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

yeah to be honest not the best landlord he was nudging towards me voluntary leaving the property at first because i complained about things that were broken basic things!

in no particular order shower twice plumber refused to fit a second hand one the 3rd time. shower switch packed in, oven switch faulty wiring couldn't cook, washing machine x2 second hand again finally put in a new one the first one was broken for 6 months, a pipe in kitchen leaked and ruined a chunk of the wooden floor, he replaced a section of the floor but its wonky now as they didn't line up or maybe the size wasn't right. kitchen tap (from lidl) stopped working! a pipe in the attic started leaking and water was running down the wall into electrics etc he was notified straight away and it was left like that for a few days still!

anyway after what ever was broken last he said "It's time for you to move on". its not like i have been purposely breaking things! who would want to go without a shower or clean clothes. anyway a short while before the notice was served he came to the house without any notice and was banging on the front door at 8am saying he wanted to come in and talk about the notice etc.

he has a habit of doing that with all the near 3 years i have been here turning up out of blue, wandering around the grounds looking in windows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

This is sound advice, make sure if you are not happy with the outcome of your RTB case to appeal it to tribunal. More chance of a favourable outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

I will do but I'm just worried about the length of time the rtb is taking to have someone put onto the dispute but im guessing with the way housing is here at the moment they probably are swamped with disputes.

Advertisement