Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Job - people arguing over what my role should be

Options
  • 05-07-2022 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

I'm in a job two months. I have had no work to do yet, as people are still arguing over my role, and what I should be doing - basically 2 x managers, who both are my line manager. I feel I have no say in it, and am just going to be left to sit here. I was in another job before in same company, and did very well at it - hence the promotion - but there are some comments from one manager that I may not be able to make the transition to a new role, and yet I've had no chance to try, and have just sat in an office reading in the area of my job - research etc for 2 months. I'm beginning to feel a bit weird about it all. Has anyone here been in this situation before and what did you do about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 manwithoutcountry

Having two line managers is a bit of a pain but tbh I would leave them to it and let them settle this amongst themselves. I would look back at your contract and see what roles/responsibilites are attached to it and maybe try and move forward with a side project that involves those roles independently. The alternative is going to their line manager but I wouldn't suggest that at early point in the job. It is a strange situation to be in from my viewpoint but nothing to do with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hannaho

Thanks man without country. I decided just to let it go for now. I'll keep offering suggestions for the role when asked and do research on similar roles and present it to them. You are right it's nothing to do with me, I'll stick with the job until after Christmas, if nothing changes, I'll look for another job,

Advertisement