Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xaiomi/ photos

Options
  • 05-07-2022 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi folks ..I got myself a new xaiomi Redmi note 11...My last fone was old Samsung galaxy. I got the people in the shop to transfer all from old fone to new.(not really my best move). Anyway I'll move on.

A large number of my photos did not transfer and almost all WhatsApp lost.

I had the photos backed up to the cloud.

My question is how can I find the missing photos. The shop created a new Gmail password ..which I have.

The years have caught up on me and I now cannot remember the original password.

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,188 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you still have the old phone? You could put the SIM back in the old phone, backup the messages from WhatsApp to GoogleDrive and then put SIM back in to new phone and restore them. Go in to Settings->Chats->Chat Backup. Any messages between the time you switched to the new phone and now will be lost.

The cloud photo's should be there if using the same account, just a case of finding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭niallb

Your WhatsApp is probably backed up on your original google account along with the missing photos.

It sounds like the shop might have created a whole new gmail account and not just a password.

Can you see all your old emails from the previous phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭cosmowillie53

Yes all the emails are there on Hotmail..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭niallb

Hotmail isn't relevant to a google account.

What was the google account (gmail address) you logged in to the Samsung with and is it different to the one you're logged in to the Xiaomi with?

You say the shop created a new gmail password, but I don't think it looks like that's what they did at all.

Do you still have your old phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭cosmowillie53

The shop created a new Gmail address and a new password both of which I have.

I still have the old phone.

Thks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,188 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it's a new Gmail address nothing will be kept from the old Gmail account so no photos on the new phone. It should have been possible to reset the password easily on the old phone as it would use the phone number normally to reset via a text message. The shop did things arseways to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

You need to reset pw for the original Google account on your old phone, then follow this video to backup data from your old phone to Google account and how to transfer that backup onto your new phone. That New Google account they set up is pointless. After old phone backup is done, I'd reset the New phone and start from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭newmember2

just sign the newly created account out of the new phone. Sign into your old account on your old phone and back up to g00gle. Once backed up then sign into new phone with the same old g00gle account and all your stuff will be there.

Advertisement