Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need 3 cameras for 2 cars and a van (charity event)

Options
  • 04-07-2022 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been done to death but the search function here is not the best.

Basically i need to get 3 cameras. Two that will be rear facing, and one that will be front facing. Here's the kicker though.... these will not be mounted permanently on the vehicles in question, but are only needed for a week in august.

I don't have any preference as to whether they will be inside mounted or outside. Due to the temporary placement of them, i assume outside will be best and just snake any cables in through the windows (they'd be getting removed each evening).

As these are for a charity event i don't want to go spending stupid money on the latest whizzbang gopro either.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What does these cameras need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Recording. Nothing that will be used (with any luck) it’s more a just in case someone falls off their bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭zg3409

You can buy cheap dash cams online. Often they come without a memory card. Typically they mount inside on suckers. Typically they connect to cigarette lighter connector. Many cars only have one cigarette lighter connector. Depending on camera type you might need a power cable for the camera that has a usb connector at the end. Then you get a car charging usb charger with 2/3 usb outlets. The standard usb cable may not reach the rear of the car. Typically you get what you pay for. Some don't come with a screen to view footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just get some knock-off action cameras, cheap go-pros basically. Or just a few dashcams.

Advertisement