Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diana Ross 3Arena Sunday 3rd July

Options
  • 03-07-2022 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Well! Got dragged to this by a relative who wanted to go and who needs assistance, fully expected a debacle after Glastonbury and the Jubilee...however tonite at the 3Arena was spectacular. 78 year old Ms Ross in the first half was largely what you'd expect after recent appearances, in the second half she massively improved and was definitely singing live - none of that mattered, what absolutely blew me away tonite was the strength of that backing band and the arrangements of the numbers. No joke, the 10 piece band reminded me of Prince's band in the Sign of the Times era in 1987 (just after he dumped the Revolution) or a Quincy Jones big band in 1978. Serious hard funk and jazz going off in the 3Arena tonite. Excellent setlist, all the usuals you'd expect (which I don't care for) but two numbers from her new album surprisingly blew me away, an extended "Ease On Down The Road" from The Wiz and a blistering extended funk version of Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive". No encore but I didn't give a toss given the strength of the band onstage I'd just seen. Thousands of women of all ages tanked up on Sauvignon Blanc having a blast. Delighted I didn't miss it. Overall: 8 out of 10.

Advertisement