Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfshark vs Private Internet Access for a cheap/basic VPN

• 03-07-2022 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ive been using Surfshark for the last 2 years, other then their randomly disconnecting in the last month or 2 I haven't had any issues with them until l tried to renew my subscription recently. Every time I try to renew it using their current offer my I get an error message saying I need to update my profile with basic information like my name, despite being logged in to their page at the time. Their technical support don't seem to be able to help, and by the time my subscription runs out later this month, their current offer will have expired.

I went with Surfshark at the time because they were the cheapest and I only have basic needs for a VPN. I noticed PIA are cheaper then Surfshark now, Ive read reviews saying they offer a similar service with the only drawback being a 10 device limit, only being able to select a VPN for each country and not the city's in those countries, and slightly slower speeds. PIA's off will be available for another 11 days where as Surfsharks offer ends tomorrow, should I jump ship ?.

Advertisement