Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Manchester Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very interesting and will be a big blow to the Manchester Arena which is a top quality venue. If i remember correctly this will be near enough the Etihad Stadium

Manchester a great city for concerts, suppose for football too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Surprising there's such a venture normally when there's a big indoor arena built in a city in Europe it lasts a long time. There's no sports team as an anchor tenant screaming for a new arena after 20-25 years or they'll move outta town.

MEN was built before the corporate facility boom and so that's where the new place will see much of the investment payed back. Is live nation abandoning the old place so I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They have to be giving up on the AO, Manchester is a great gig city and I'd have a lot of mates over there,but no one is crying out for a second 20k+ arena.

The AO has been around for 28 years, that's a good run for a venue, but you'd almost make the seed money back depending on how many apartments you put there considering the location.

Advertisement