Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job share arrangement

Options
  • 03-07-2022 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, would anyone know the answer to this please. 2 teachers job sharing weekon weekoff, due to personal circumstances teacher A is looking for 6 weeks off after Christmas. Teacher A is offering to work 6 weeks continuous before Christmas and for teacher B to be off for that period and then teacher B works the 6 weeks after Christmas. In a nutshell all working time remains divided 50:50 and both parties and school management are happy with the arrangement. Would that arrangement be allowed?? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I don't think it's the done thing - however if that arrangement suited everybody in the school including the two teachers and didn't affect classes, then there's no reason why it couldn't go ahead. I'd imagine whatever pay arrangements have been made could just stay as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

I would class that as "local arrangements" and wouldn't be informing the dept or head office. Same amount of work being done so it's not really an issue. To be honest, given the state of subbing, I'd image there will be more unusual combinations to keep in demand teachers in the class. An Irish teacher in the Dublin area could offer to work every other Tuesday and someone would hire them.

Advertisement