Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler flue regulations

Options
  • 01-07-2022 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi.

I want to build veranda on the backgarden with the roof and plastic tents which can be fully opened/closed (they are kind of rollable). However we have a gas boiler flue which comes from the house straight to the side of veranda and it just below the roof level, the roof is at around 2.6m height and flue is at around 2.4-2.5m. The distance from the flue to the side of the veranda is around 50cm. So it's not covered by the roof but it is quite close to it and to veranda (50cm) and is around 10-20cm under the roof level.

I am wondering what are the requirements for the boiler flue, like how close it can be to the obstacle (considering fumes are directed straight to the obstacle) which would make a harm to boiler or high CO at home etc? And how safe is it having flue 50cm apart from the enclosed veranda (well in winter time likely will be permanently enclosed by a tent). Anyone have any experience with similar situation?

If I need to move flue to be higher than the roof level, I assume I cannot do that myself by putting an angled extension, that has to be done by certified gas installer? Or by someone who officially support Alpha boilers?

Boiler is Alpha Evoke 28 if that matters.

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement