Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Heat Pump - can it be done?

Options
  • 01-07-2022 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

My house was upgraded a few years back with high insulation, full UFH, airtight, MHRV. It's currently heated with Gas Combi Boiler which I set to 30C for the UFH (in very, very cold weather I might up it to 40C). I use about 20,000 kwh gas annually for heating so probably 100 kwh/day in winter.

I have space in the utility, close to UFH manifold and DHW pipe, close to Mains Electricity Board, on an outside wall with space outside for Heat Pump fan unit so heat pump installation should be relatively straightforward.

Is it possible to install a suitable heat pump and cover all the associated costs with the €6500 SEAI grant? Or do I need to wait until the recession starts to bite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Maybe if you yourself get onto the SEAI installers list it can be done. but they force you to buy insurance and other expensive nasties before you get on it so you have to install a few more heat pumps for other people in order to recoup those costs. The other option is if you know someone who is on the list who will sign for it and you do all or most of the work yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 64,771 ✭✭✭✭unkel

@Ubbquittious - "Maybe if you yourself get onto the SEAI installers list it can be done" this thought has crossed my mind a good few times in the last few years 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Advertisement