Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else looking forward to shorter days and longer nights? I know I am

• 30-06-2022 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I am not looking forward to colder days do so hopefully we will get another mild winter because let's be honest Summer has not been great so far. In fact I think the best weather so far this year was back in March.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Absolutely not. I'm going out to do a bit in the garden now and enjoy a bit of fresh air, long may it last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,231 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

No way. Life's too short for wasted long nights. The long days are a pleasure - more outdoor activities, healthy air and sunlight, no heating on etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Long days and great weather.

75% of the year it’s pissy and miserable weather.. bring sun, warmth and summer.

The 21st June is the Summer Solstice so its already started to go the other way, as the hours of daylight start get shorter again after that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Absolutely not. Though I'd be delighted if we could move some of the morning brightness to the night. Don't need sunlight streaming in at 4; would be happy to be outside at 11 and it be bright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Halloween and Christmas, sure. But, right now, I’m looking forward to enjoying more of these long evenings.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,554 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m in two minds. I can’t take the heat and prefer chilly spring weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I don't mind shorter days but I'm dreading utility bills this winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,916 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I love the change of all seasons. Love the long summer days but also really look forward to around October time when you really start to feel that autumnal tang in the air. I also actually really enjoy winter, but ideally a cold, dry one. Nothing nicer than walking the dog on a frosty morning and curling up in front of the fire in the evening. But by the end of winter I'm always ready to welcome the lengthening days again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Enjoy it being warmer, but don’t enjoy it being bright up until 10pm.

Hate how early it gets dark during the winter tho.

Would love to have it bright til 7pm all year round.

• Advertisement

Love Autumn especially September October. Can't wait to see the back of heyfever season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes same here. Just have to get even more efficient. Only use things when you absolutely need to and get a good led torch for getting around the house. That is what I do. It saves a bit with less use of your lights. Yes things are thuff now but they will hopefully get better again we just got to get through the hard times.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I won't be going around with a torch anyway! I'll use electricity and heating as normal but will resent paying more for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yup, as a ginge summer is horrible. Myself and the sun don't get on, we don't like to see each other. Thankfully he's away most the time, because it's horrible when he's around. And as a gamer, yes, looking forward to being able to play games without having to duct tape the curtains closed so I can see the tv.

Each to their own and all that. Easy to warm up, impossible to cool down.

Only person I know that has ever wanted longer nights is a nasty POS 70 year old cretin with no friends and spends her days wathcing all the soaps....but theirs all sorts out there. Weirdos everywhere.

Advertisement