Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth - The Sick, The Dying and the Dead

Options
  • 30-06-2022 8:32pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New album, first in over 6 years out September 2nd, Dystopia was great will be hard for them to top that, new song was released last week, getting Endgame vibes off it, not bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Still waiting on the pre-order to arrive

Metalwarfare users have slated this so trying to avoid to many reviews until I have it in hand.

Big fan since '88.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Buachillsalach

Terrible album. I'm something of a completist so picked it up anyway, so my own fault. The vinyl sounds great and the artwork/inlay is the business but it's a terrible record. The Title Track which opens up the album leaves you with the impression that we could be on to something but after that it's 50+ minutes of turgid tripe. A real chore to get through, I woke up towards the end where there was a track clearly with the same blueprint as the far superior Black friday. Dave's voice is in a jock (See link below).

Megadeth - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due (SiriusXM 2022) - YouTube

Did anyone using the pre-order from the UK store receive it yet?

(Will never ever use BSI for anything ever again)

My Megadeth pre-order finally arrived....Really enjoying the new LP...seems to have very mixed reviews but I for one are glad they are still making records :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Buachillsalach

I don't know how anyone could go for this over superior material. Haven't had the inkling once to go back to it beyond the initial listens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

European dates added for this year..... mainly Festivals (?) No Irish date yet !!! 😫

6/14 – Monchengladbach, Germany // SparkassenPark

6/15 – Berlin, Germany // Parkbuhne Wuhlheide

6/20 – Rotterdam, Netherlands // Rotterdam Ahoy (all with 5 finger death punch)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

I wsnt gone on the album when it was released, however it has grown on me immesnely.

musicianship yet again, second to none.

Mustaine is a riff god - end of. Try learn or watch ppl play it. Melodies etc are incredible.

one thing, drum sound for me, its lacking something, but im being pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The Homeball

It's weak sauce. The bottle says it's extra hot but you taste it and ask "Where's the heat?"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Seems like Kiko is officially out, thought he was very good when they played Three Arena in 2015.

Advertisement