Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAAC 770N electric gates - programming - are mechanical stops essential?

Options
  • 30-06-2022 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I've installed FAAC 770N electric gate motors in conjunction with an E145s control board. The motors & photocells are up & running and operate fine and I have a radio fob programmed-in and working perfectly. I have gone through the Setup phases for S1, S2, S3 & S4 which opens & closes each leaf in sequence and this setup completes fine and the status on the control board then shows "00" which means setup has been completed. However, when I then put the gates into automatic operation, the gates will open (using the radio fob) but open well beyond the 90-degrees before they come to a halt. Then, when I close the gates (using the radio fob again), the two gate leafs don't fully close and as a result, the two leafs go out of sync with each other. I have installed the mechanical limit-stops for closing on each motor but I believe from speaking to the supplier that the opening limit stops are optional and don't come with the kit. So I'm wondering if other people have experienced this issue and if there is a way this can be overcome through programming or if I need to purchase the optional opening limit stops? Images below of the closing & opening limit stops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭awnow

Update - sorted! Fabricated my own mechanical stops for the opening limits and it worked a treat 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Drifter100

They make the job much simpler,quieter and more professional

Did you buy the kit off natautomation

Advertisement