Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Tuescon 2022 - Satnav - no shortest / fastest option

• 30-06-2022 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I have searched all of the options and cannot find the satnav shortest / fastest option. It seems defaulted on the shortest and will even take you off the main road to minor roads up tracks with grass growing the middle and then back on to the main road again.. all not so noticiable - until you see the grass on unfamiliar hills in the Kerry mountains.

On my old Tuscon you could choose FASTEST and that sorted it.. on this version the only option is to disable main roads / tolls etc ... i.e. the exact opposite of what I want.. System has Bluelink but again no options on that.. but it may be takling traffic into account...

Hard to believe that such a user unfriendly menu system could be offered to so many.... it is as if the designers never actually used it....

As for USB connected Carplay... did they ever hear of bluetooth ? i mean even describing it USB connected CARPLAY... LOL - absolutly pointless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CarPlay gives you way better Google Maps and control of things like Spotify.

Carplay is by default wired via USB

bit rubbish that it isn’t wireless CarPlay, which I believe is standard on the lower specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

The "higher specs" like mine have the Bluelink fitted...... interesting but limited use.. and that must use up the Carplay wireless facility so have to go usb cable... . utter pants... and they saved a few P removing the ever handy compass direction on the mirror.. and dont get me started on why the handbrake does not engage when you switch off, exit and lock the car...... when would you want it NOT enagaged,. ! One wonders who sits down and makes these decisions and if the ever actually drove the car..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There’s a user on here that has an exec plus and he seeks to be aware of the reason the wireless CarPlay is excluded, I can’t remember the reason now.

@masterboy123 im looking at you!

For the handbrake, assuming yours is manual - it may be like VW where you need Auto Hold to be turned on for it to come on automatically on switch off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Apologies for the delayed reply.

I have Executive Plus Petrol Hybrid Tucson and dealer told me wireless CarPlay was excluded in this top spec model due to 2 reasons : incompatibility with the 10" display screen (bluetooth's data carrying capacity) and license issue.

Although some people bought the a dongle and successfully using wireless CarPlay.

Regarding the handbrake, you have to have the "auto hold" function ON. Or in my case, I am lucky to have a sloped parking area which puts the car automatically on the handbrake.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

The problem with Auto hold is that it resets every time your start the car so have to remember to turn it on EVERYTIME you start the car...IF I could remember that I would just remmber to turn on the handbrake ;) I still cannot see any default situation where you would lock the car and want the handbrake off.?

Interesting that they cannot use the Blutooth with carplay for the Big screen BUT they have GSM / GPS and could not add a Wifi../ sounds like they are not trying..

and my old model (191) had the panoramic sunroof.... new model only availabe ( in ireland ) the outrageously expensive top of the range model whach is in BMW/ Audi cost ranges.........

• Advertisement
Advertisement