Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massage Therapist

Options
  • 29-06-2022 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Good Evening . Looking for recommendations for a good massage therapist or practitioner in the Dublin, South Dublin or Bray area. I have tension, stiffness and knots in my back lower and upper, mostly stress related, so not sure which type of therapy would be best. My only experience is of hot stone massages. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Swedish and Hot Stone massage are good for relieving stress and tension overall. Both would be very relaxing treatments.

For particularly tight areas, large knots etc, then a deep tissue or sports massage would be the best. Not as relaxing. During one of these treatments, the therapist can spend more time targeting one specific area. (With Swedish and Hot stone, they have a sequence of movements to fit into a set time)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AgentCluedo

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭bikermartin

I had severe shoulder pain a while back, mainly from sitting at my desk all day and probably not moving as much as I should. It was this constant, nagging ache that sometimes turned into a sharp pain when I moved my arm a certain way. I tried hot stone massages too, but what really made a difference was going to physiotherapy. I saw Sukhjit Gill, a physiotherapist who specialized in this kind of thing. She worked on my shoulder with various techniques and gave me exercises to do at home. The combination of hands-on treatment and exercises really helped ease the pain and improve my mobility. For more details check: https://revitalizephysioclinic.ca/surrey/.

Advertisement