Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Item To China

Options
  • 29-06-2022 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

I had to send back a smartphone I ordered recently from a Chinese retailer on Ebay because the phone I received did not match the advertised description. On the postage label I marked the contents as "mobile phone parts" at the request of the seller as this declaration would exempt them from having to pay customs charges. It is,in fact,a fully working and intact device. So, I paid the correct fee and sent the item by tracked postage on the 9th of June. It duly arrived in Beijing on the !8th but the latest tracking information shows it has been held by the Chinese customs service at the airport since that date. Neither I nor the seller have received any further updates. Is such a delay normal in these circumstances I wonder and what might the reason be for it? I can find no email address in order to contact the service directly.

Advertisement